The below terms apply to “Cartoon Caption Contest” in the Jumpstart Magazine and online on Jumpstartmag.com
- The entry is open to any interested individual who is 18 years of age or older and currently residing in Hong Kong.
- You can enter by emailing your caption to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2016.
- Your entry must be 300 characters of fewer.
- The entry must be made by the individual, not on behalf of an agency, entity or any other person or organization.
- You can submit up to 2 entries per person.
- All entry materials become the property of Jumpstart.
- Employees, directors and officers of Jumpstart Magazine or Honestbee and any vendors providing services associated with the development or administration of the contest are not eligible to participate.
- By submitting a caption, each entrant:
- represents and warrants that his/her submission:
- is his/her original work and was not copied from others;
- does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any rights of any third party;
- agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Jumpstart and Honestbee and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates and agents from and against any and all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damage, costs and expenses (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered Jumpstart or the Representatives directly or indirectly as a result of the entrant’s (i) participation in the contest; (ii) submission; (iii) breach of these Terms; and (iv) breach of the applicable laws and regulations of Hong Kong;
- gives his/her irrevocable, perpetual permission and consent to Jumpstart and others authorised by Jumpstart without compensation or attribution, to use, reproduce, print, and publish the submission and the entrant’s name in the website, Jumpstart magazine, the Jumpstart Website and/or any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created;
- agrees to be bound by these terms, as they may be modified from time to time by the Sponsor with or without notice; and
- agrees to Jumpstart’s proposed usage of information from his/her submission for the purposes of the contest, for contacting the winners.
- Jumpstart shall not be responsible for :-
- any typographical or other errors in the printing of any announcements, administration or otherwise relating to the contest on the Website, Jumpstart Magazine or the Jumpstart Website;
- any submissions that are lost, late, misdirected, garbled or incompletely received for any reason; or
- electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, or delay in operations of transmission, or for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware, software, browser or network failure, malfunction, congestion or incompatibility at the Website, the Jumpstart Website, email systems or elsewhere.
Jumpstart Magazine reserves the right to, without liability and in its sole and absolute discretion
- determine eligibility of submissions;
- disqualify any entrant who it considers to be associated with tampering with the contest entry process, the operation of the Website, Jumpstart Magazine, the Jumpstart Website or otherwise in violation of these Terms, and any submission containing obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content;
- cancel, terminate, or modify with or without notice any contest not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to errors in the administration of any contest, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort; and
- modify with or without notice any terms and conditions of the contest.
- One winner will be selected by Jumpstart Magazine. In the event that two or more valid entries contain the identical caption, only the entry which was first received by Jumpstart will be included in the contest, and the other entries will not be included. All decisions in all matters relating to the contest are final and binding.
- The captions of the winner will be published on the Cartoon Caption Contest page, along with entrant’s name, in the next issue of Jumpstart Magazine, on the Website and the Jumpstart Website.
- We may have 1 or more honorable mentions that will not receive any prize. Their entry and names may be published in print and online.
- The winner will receive a goodie bag of items from Honestbee worth $3,000HKD or greater. In case of any disputes or issues, Honestbee reserves the right of final decision
- The prize shall not be transferable or redeemable for cash.
- It is necessary for entrants to supply Jumpstart Magazine with personal information and particulars for the purposes of the contest, for contacting the winners. If entrants do not provide the necessary data, their submissions cannot be processed and entrants will not be eligible to enter the contest.
- To facilitate the purposes, Jumpstart may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share the entrants’ data with the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong)
- Jumpstart magazine and the Jumpstart website administrators;
- the parent companies, subsidiaries and associated companies of Jumpstart
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, computer or other services to or support the operation of business of Jumpstart
- any person, government or law enforcement authority or administrative organ to whom the Jumpstart are required or requested to disclose or transfer data; and
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to the Jumpstart or the Jumpstart support team (including the Sponsor’s accountants, legal advisers or other professional advisers).
- The gift sponsor of the contest
- These Terms and the Contests are governed by Hong Kong law. All disputes arising or connected with the contest shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
- If at any time any provision of these terms is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect, that shall not affect or impair the legality, validity or enforceability of any other provision of these Terms.
- Jumpstart’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Jumpstart in writing.