● DELIVEROO LAUNCHES WITH OVER 900 LOCAL RESTAURANT PARTNERS AND AIMS TO CREATE WORK FOR 500 PEOPLE IN THE FIRST YEAR
● KUWAITIS CAN NOW ORDER FOOD FROM FAVOURITE LOCAL RESTAURANTS AND TAKEAWAYS, DIRECT TO THEIR DOOR, FAST
London, UK, Wednesday February 20th –Deliveroo today announces its launch in Kuwait, where it will bring its expertise in connecting people with the very best local restaurants and takeaways. Deliveroo will enable locals in Kuwait city to order amazing food whenever and wherever they want it, delivering orders in around 30 minutes.
Deliveroo is launching in Kuwait with over 900 restaurants including Five Guys, Zaatar & Zait and Shake Shack, mixing global chains with local favourites to ensure people have options for every occasion.
Deliveroo is a platform that enables people to order amazing food from local restaurants and takeaways direct to their doors. The company has seen global success and rapid expansion and is already available in markets across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Kuwait is the company’s 14th market, following its launch in Taiwan in October 2018.
Europe’s fastest growing startup, Deliveroo currently works with 80,000 restaurants and 60,000 riders around the world, bringing breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between straight to customers’ doors, desks or even the park or beach.
The company’s worldwide sales grew to £277m for the year to 31st December 2017, a jump of 116%. In 2017 Deliveroo raised almost $500m in funding. The last Series F round turned Deliveroo into one of just a handful of UK-domiciled “unicorns”, which have a valuation of more than $1bn (£770m). Deliveroo has a valuation in excess of $2bn.
Deliveroo has a global track record of helping restaurants to grow and innovating in the food sector. Deliveroo will now bring this to Kuwait:
– Support local restaurants. Deliveroo will be a major boost to restaurants across Kuwait, who will be able to reach new customers and grow their businesses through by delivery. Restaurants who partner with Deliveroo see their revenue increase by up to 30%. Deliveroo provides restaurants with valuable insights and world-class technology to grow their own business.
– Boost the local economy and create work. More than 500 work opportunities could be created in Kuwait City over the course of the first year. Many of these will be in restaurants as they expand – front of house and in kitchens – and many will be Deliveroo riders. Deliveroo works with 60,000 riders worldwide and directly employs 2,500 people.
– Bring a track record of expert operations. Deliveroo works with tens thousands of restaurants and riders across the world and has invested heavily in developing world-leading technology and efficient operations. Riders deliver food from the restaurant kitchen to the customers’ door, desk or even the park in around 30 mins. Deliveroo’s algorithm ‘Frank’ matches riders with customers’ orders and ensures a quick, reliable delivery. Deliveroo will bring world-leading operations and expert customer services to Kuwait.
– Innovate. Deliveroo will invest in tech innovation that supports its restaurant partners in Kuwait. Virtual Brands will enable restaurants to increase their selection for consumers, for example, and Deliveroo’s unique data insights will help restaurants to improve their performance and grow their businesses.
Deliveroo has appointed Kuwaiti Seham ALHusaini as General Manager for the market. ALHusaini joins Deliveroo from her previous role as COO for Shipa Frieght, an online platform by Agility, that specialises in the booking and tracking of shipments. She will use her expertise in operations to ensure locals in Kuwait City are provided with the best food delivery experience in the city
Will Shu, Founder and CEO of Deliveroo said: “Deliveroo is all about bringing people amazing food whenever and wherever they want it and I am delighted that we are now launching in Kuwait. Kuwait is a really exciting market with a vibrant local food scene. We’ll bring our expertise and our innovation to Kuwait to ensure that people have access to the best price, selection and service with Deliveroo.”
Seham ALHusaini, General Manager for Kuwait said: “Launching Deliveroo in Kuwait is incredibly exciting. We have an amazing food culture and we can’t wait to bring the people of Kuwait City their favourite food. We will support our restaurant partners by ensuring they have the best global delivery partner.”