DBS Hong Kong Rolls out BusinessClass Programme to Support SME Community
DBS, which recently won the inaugural Euromoney award for World’s Best Digital Bank in recognition of its digital agenda, today introduced its innovative DBS BusinessClass programme to the SME community in Hong Kong.
From today, SMEs in Hong Kong, including startups, can harness the power of DBS BusinessClass to leverage a wide range of business opportunities. The programme, which includes the BusinessClass mobile app, provides members with access to industry experts, investors, fellow entrepreneurs, as well as to insightful news articles to help foster short-term and long-term business growth and success.
At the launch event today, which was officiated by the Under Secretary for Innovation and Technology, Dr David Chung, JP, key opinion leaders (KOLs) from the retail industry were invited to share their views on promoting closer collaboration between SMEs and industry experts, as well as to showcase DBS BusinessClass. Our KOLs included Ernestine Fu, a Silicon Valley venture capitalist, Erwin Huang, Deputy Chairman of TSL Jewellery (International) Ltd., Vincent Tsui, Chief Marketing Officer of Next Digital, Kenneth She, Head of Uber Hong Kong, and Ping Wong, Director of Internet Society HK.
Sebastian Paredes, Chief Executive Officer of DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited, said, “At the heart of the DBS BusinessClass programme is our commitment to shape the future of finance by leveraging our pioneering digital innovations and comprehensive understanding of local SME needs. As a leader in SME banking, DBS Hong Kong can provide SMEs with the Asian network and digital edge to capitalise on business opportunities. Our customised and innovative solutions support sustainable SME growth, allowing customers more time to grow their business and to live more, bank less.”
Features of DBS BusinessClass:
• Strengthened Connections ─ SME owners and entrepreneurs can reach out to any industry experts, potential partners and even investors
• 24/7 No border ─ DBS BusinessClass members can seek advice from each other through private chat. If they have a burning question or an issue they are grappling with, they can start a topic, tag the appropriate advisors and initiate an online discussion with fellow entrepreneurs and experts anytime, anywhere
• Interactions from Online to Offline ─ DBS BusinessClass members can also enjoy the privilege of taking part in exclusive events, such as roundtables, seminars and talks, where investors, entrepreneurs and industry experts will come together to discuss solutions to address challenges faced by SMEs. Key learnings and innovative ideas at each event will be published on the mobile app for further discussion
• Instant Advising ─ SMEs can instantly reach DBS BusinessClass advisors through the app’s chat functions, and get their questions answered on the go
• Bespoke Data Housekeeper – Community managers will curate, select and tag relevant news and articles for DBS BusinessClass members every day so they can stay abreast of latest news and events that impact them directly
In addition to Hong Kong, DBS BusinessClass is also available in Singapore and will be rolled out regionally so entrepreneurs can also connect with other SME owners from DBS’ other key markets, including mainland China, India, Indonesia and Taiwan.
The DBS BusinessClass mobile app can be downloaded for free on Google Play and iTunes App Store.