Valentine's Day Gift Ideas: The Hong Kong Small Business Edition
If you're celebrating Valentine's Day (February 14) check out these cool off the beaten path gifts and experiences from Hong Kong's small businesses.
- Remember Your Special Day
"I Do" customizable heart prints from lovemydesigns.org, $700 HKD.
2. Give The Gift of Pampering
Nothing says I love you like a gift certificate to a spa! BloomMe is an app that allows free instant bookings at Hong Kong’s top spas, salons and hairdressers from the comfort of your phone.
3. Make Something Together Experiences make great gifts! Take your mom, girlfriend/boyfriend, spouse for a Valentine's Day Baking Class at TheMixingBowl. Their Valentine's Day classes run on February 13 + 14 and you'll be making Strawberry Dacquoise.
4. Personalize Your Gift
We met Angee's founder at a MakerHive event last year and absolutely fell in love with her clutch bags personalized with a photo inside. Personalization is absolutely key for Valentine's Day or as a feature in whatever business you are running.
5. Gift Certificate
Oops, you totally forgot! Run out to get roses/chocolates/wine or get an instant gift certificate to 60+ stores around Hong Kong from giftwell.hk
6. Recreate The Magic Recreate your wedding day bouquet! This artist makes stunning flowers out of paper, and she is just getting started. Check out Julie's Instagram for past projects.
7. Find Furry Love
F*CK relationships...get yourself a pet on Valentine's Day. They won't judge you or your bad habits and will shower you with unconditional love. This little guy is available for adoption on Hong Kong Dog Rescue.
8. Celebrate (or get tipsy) Another "oops I forgot Valentine's Day" idea or perhaps things are going so well you need wine delivered to your place and FAST. Bottlesxo is an app that promises to deliver wine within 60 minutes. Cheers to that!
9. Sweat Together, Stay Together
Here's another idea that's off the beaten path (literally!) RUN for romance on Valentine's weekend. Organized by Lantau Base Camp (sports shop), The Ultimate Direction Valentines Race, is a 13 km team trail race taking place on Saturday, February 13th, 2016 (9:30 am start) on South Lantau Island, Hong Kong. The race is short enough for beginners and covers enough tough terrain and elevation for anyone looking for a challenge (about 850m elevation gain). Entry is completed online and costs $360 per team.
10. Strike a Pose
Book a photoshoot with one of Hong Kong's many talented photographers with your family...or do a special one for yourself. juredondo.com will do BOUDOIR photography in the privacy of your home.
11. Make a Love Note Locket This list wouldn't be complete without some bling. Create your own Love Letter Locket in sterling silver in a single, masterclass session at Hatton Studios in Sheung Wan. $1980 per student.
12. Hearts for Girls
Valentine's is for kids too. Check out this sweet heart set by Odile and Odette available on Sooqcentral.com
13. Decorate for the Occasion
We love these Valentine-themed cupcake cases, home decor and vintage greeting cards from swoonxoxo.com.