July 16-18, 2018 | #Under30Summit
HONG KONG (July 17, 2018) – Forbes today announced the opening of its third annual Forbes Under 30 Summit Asia, which is being held at The InterContinental Hotel, Hong Kong. Themed “Driving Change”, this year’s summit will bring together some 300 young leaders, entrepreneurs and gamechangers from across Asia, as culled from the Forbes’ “30 Under 30 Asia” lists, as well as CEOs, mentors, industry leaders, investors and disruptors for three days of motivating panels, tech demos, networking, food, music and more.
“We’re really thrilled to bring together this diverse and inspiring group of 30 Under 30 honorees from all across Asia to share stories, exchange ideas and present innovative solutions,” said Randall Lane, Chief Content Officer, Forbes Media, who started the Forbes’ Under 30 franchise. “This incredible program which takes place across the cosmopolitan city of Hong Kong, will bring about immense opportunities for participants and the region alike.”
The summit features an all-star lineup of speakers and participants, including Carrie Lam, Chief Executive, Hong Kong SAR, who will engage in a one-on-one dialogue with Randall Lane to discuss Hong Kong’s role as a hub for entrepreneurship and innovation.
Edward Yau Tang-wah, Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, Hong Kong SAR will deliver welcome remarks at the summit. Other notable speakers at the summit are Tan Min-Liang, Cofounder and CEO of Razer; Goodwin Gaw, Managing Principal and Chairman of Gaw Capital Partners; South Korean singer Eric Nam; Tak Lo, Partner at Zeroth.ai; Azerbaijan’s first honoree and Founder of Rainergy Reyhan Jamalova; Tara Baker, Founder of Dancing with Her; Maxine Ryan, Cofounder & COO of Bitspark Limited, Hong Kong; Togo Ogi, Cofounder of FunLife Inc from Japan; Hu Zhenyu, Founder & Executive Director of Linkspace, China; Aakriti Kumar, Founder of Differniture Spaces from India; Miles. H.F. Wen, CEO & Founder of Fano Labs, Hong Kong and Suhani Jalota, Founder of Myna Mahila Foundation from India among others.
Highlights of the summit’s program include:
- The “Discovery Area” will showcase some of the most exciting inventions and products from their creators who are on the Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia list—from AR goggles, robots to wearables and more.
- Disruptive Technology: ‘Tech Showcases’ by 30 Under 30 honorees, panel discussions themed ‘Disrupting the Status Quo’ and ‘The Future of AI in Asia’. ‘The Ultimate Hack Trick’ segment features Saket Modi, Cofounder and CEO of Lucideus
- Keynote Interview with Tan Min-Liang, Cofounder & CEO, Razer by Rana Wehbe, Senior Editor – Special Projects, Forbes Asia
- Sustainability: 30 Under 30 honorees engage in a panel discussion named ‘Working Towards a Sustainable Future in Asia’. The segment also features a presentation by Reyhan Jamalova, Founder of Rainergy in ‘Necessity is the Mother of Invention’
- Metrics of Success: Goodwin Gaw, Managing Principal and Chairman of Gaw Capital Partners and South Korean Singer Eric Nam will participate in interviews in ‘Stories of Success from Asia’. Stanislava Pinchuk (Miso) will share her story in ‘What’s Money Got to Do with it’ while ‘Reaching for the Skies’ features India’s Kanika Tekriwal, founder of JetSetGo.
- Social Responsibility: The ‘Entrepreneurship for a Cause’ panel discussion will see honorees sharing more about their causes and why it is viable for business. ‘Inspiring Change’ features Suhani Jalota, founder of Myna Mahila Foundation.
Following the day program of panel discussions, presentations and networking opportunities, the summit’s “Food & Music Festival” in the evening will feature cooking demonstrations from Chef Pichaya (Pam) Utharntharm, Chef at The Table from Thailand, Chef Talita Setyadi, Founder of BEAU from Indonesia, and Filipino Chef Miko Aspiras, Chef at Tasteless Food Group.
One of Myanmar’s most recognised performers, singer Ah Moon will be putting up a performance at the festival. All-star Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia alumnus and Korean-American singer Eric Nam will also take to the stage for a truly memorable end to the night.
For a full list of the featured speakers and participants and the most up-to-date program for the summit, please visit www.forbesunder30summitasia.com.
Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia listmakers attending the summit will also have the opportunity to participate in rich cultural immersion activities and benefit from unique opportunities to interact with mentors and successful business leaders over three days.
- Hong Kong Startup Open House – This casual gathering of local entrepreneurs from some of Hong Kong’s hottest startups spanning industries like fintech, consumer tech, education, e-commerce, will provide an incredible window into the city’s flourishing startup scene and the young men and women making it all happen.
- Under 30 Tram Pitch – 30 Under 30 listmakers will participate in two startup pitching sessions onboard one of Hong Kong’s oldest wooden antique trams, a classic symbol of the city, as it rolls along the city’s vibrant downtown core streets. This unique opportunity will see these young entrepreneurs presenting their pitch to a judging panel – including a 30 Under 30 investor and Forbes editor.
- Hong Kong Sightseeing Tours – From walking tours for the foodies to take in well-known local delights, to the DukLing Harbour Cruise aboard an authentic Chinese junk, 30 Under 30 listmakers will experience some of Hong Kong’s most iconic sights and features.
Invest Hong Kong, Brand Hong Kong and Hong Kong Tourism Board are Supporting Organizations for the Summit. Henderson Land Group is a Corporate Sponsor for the Summit and the Supporting Sponsors are Gaw Capital Partners, InterContinental Hotels Group and Citigate Dewe Rogerson.