Updated March 2016
Our mission is to be the source of information, new ideas, and inspiration for startups and small businesses in Hong Kong. Our print magazine covers a wide range of topics including, but not limited to, technology, marketing, PR, design, food, eco-preneurism, legal, finance and others. We will review proposals and submissions on any startup topic. Jumpstart is printed every other month and the deadline is typically a month prior to publishing date. The publishing dates are as follows: Jan 15, March 15, May 15, etc. Whether you are submitting a short proposal or the final article, please review our submission guidelines below.
- All content must be original and written by the author (whose bio will appear in the magazine and/or on the website)
- Please ensure your content is interesting, inspiring, informative and not self-promotional.
- Your submission must be well-written and proofread .
- Please avoid words like “excellent, best, amazing, incredible, fantastic” and marketing talk like “value-added”.
- We will accept submissions of any length.
- Acceptance of proposal does not guarantee that we will run the final article in the magazine/and or online.
- We reserve the right to not to print content that doesn’t meet our guidelines.
We love printing stories like…
- Top 10 lists
- Latest trends in Hong Kong or around the world
- Case studies, surveys and research applicable for startup professionals
- Seasonal content
- Startup ideas for kids
- Startups on a budget
- New startup tools
To submit a proposal or an article
- Email: email@example.com
- Please attach your article in a .doc format
- Please include the title of the article, your full name and URL
Once your article is accepted
Please send the following:
- Writer’s bio and/or company description (3-4 sentences)
- Photo(s) of the writer in high resolution.
- Recommended photos/illustrations in high resolution. You must have rights to these photos.