Amplifi is a SaaS dedicated accelerator company headquartered in Mumbai, India, recently completed their inaugural cohort based out of Bangalore, India. Applications are open until August 31, 2016. Program begins on September 15th.
Who is Amplifi?
Amplifi is a SaaS dedicated accelerator company launched by a highly experienced team with a global advisory board. Amplifi is headquartered in Mumbai, India with an Asia focus having recently completed their inaugural cohort based out of Bangalore, India.
For those that are not familiar, what is SaaS?
Software as a service – think Salesforce, Slack, ZenDesk, Hubspot, Asana, Gmail, Mailchimp, etc
Who’s an ideal candidate for this program?
Early stage companies who are in: Idea stage, Proof of Concept (POC) stage, MVP stage or early revenue stage, who are planning for seed or pre-series A funding – looking to validate & launch or grow their business; and are looking for high quality, dynamic, hands-on mentorship and access to a relevant network
Is the program only open to HK startups?
No – its open to global applicants. HK is famous for being Asia’s world city, with easy access and we have support from InvestHK to assist us in visa applications should it be required.
What are the benefits of participation?
- get a reality check and guidance from mentors and advisors who have built businesses
- get your business strategy, business model, go to market strategy, product market fit right
- get world class infrastructure
- get access to exclusive events and networking sessions
- get access to potential customers
- get access to a global pool of investors
- work alongside other driven and like-minded founders = learn from and support each other
Who are some of the mentors?
We have 14 mentors for the program confirmed, with a few more joining. Here is a list of them.
- Andrew Chen – CTO at Serisys Solutions Ltd
- Ashwin Karuhatty – Head of Business Development Smart Home of Amazon Web Services
- Dan Ternes – CTO of Software AG
- Derek Kwik – Managing Partner, BraveSoldier Venture Capital
- Volker Kuebler – Former CEO, Global Data Science Group International
- Itai Damti – CEO, Leverate HK
- Jeffrey Broer – Board of Directors of Grayscale LTD Hong Kong
- Jenny Rutherford – Chief Products Officer, Bluescape
- Lincoln Lin Feng Pan – Head of Greater China, Willis Towers Watson
- Nisheeth Ranjan – Co-founder & CTO of BrightFunnel
- Peter Williams – Business Treasury Head, Citi Institutional Clients Group, Asia Pacific
- Richie Mathews – Artificial Intelligence, Bots and Messaging as a UX platform – Partnerships at Yahoo
- Rohan Doctor – Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
- Satish Gopalam – Business Development Director, Citrix Systems
What do you think of the accelerator ecosystem in HK?
It is still very new and young, and unproven. The good thing we see is that there seems to be specialization developing early on and both government & corporates are getting into the fray to support incubators and accelerators. However, there is still a long way to go. Startups are hard work so there’s no secret sauce. Success will depend on the quality of the founders, the quality of the advisors and the quality of execution!